Monday 16 March 2015

Napton Village Stores & Post Office.

IMG_8555 napton Village Stores  IMG_8556  IMG_8557

I had a pleasant surprise when I walked up to the village Post Office as the stores have been taken over and pleasantly re-vamped. Part of it is a lovely cafe serving all sorts of local and homemade goodies, as does the shop. I sampled the soup which was simply delicious, then got my supplies in the shop part. The whole place was buzzing with customers to and fro while I was there. I spied this advert for locally reared meat on the wall too. Anyway, they are on face book, so have a look at their page for yourself, On the way back to the canal the occupants of this fine house couldn't afford to pay the window tax in vogue at the time. The three windows on the side adjoining the road had all been blocked up, thus avoiding the dreaded tax.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's my house :)

Anonymous said...

...and a beautiful solid house it is too, any idea what stone was used and when it was built please? You have a lovely village from the canal right up to the Church and Windmill where there are great views across the countryside.
Wozie