The fuel boat Bletchley moored on the West Quay where a row of nine warehouses once stood dating from the early 1830’s. Various merchants used them as storage, mainly for corn and they were demolished in the 1960’s. Now a block of apartments occupies the whole site with little balcony's overlooking the main basin.
There is always something of interest being done in Neilson’s Boat builders Dry-dock.
With other boats being worked on at the quayside there. The one on the right looked like a new build in progress with beautiful shapely woodwork all around the deck.
A few more sail boats moored up .
The training ship Jack Petchley was moored here for the weekend while the cadets practiced their rowing and lifesaving skills.
Looking down the Barge Arm where Llanthony Warehouse on the right is the home of The Waterways Museum.
From the left, more of the museum, Coot’s Cafe and Llanthony Bridge.
This tall rusty pointy sculpture has been installed beside the private moorings in Victoria Dock. More sculpture looms over the steps leading up into the city. Most of the dock area and the city centre has now been nicely re-designed with pedestrians in mind and seems to be working quite successfully.