Sunday 21 April 2013

Hasty.

  IMG_3106      IMG_3109

My ears pricked up when I heard a steam whistle, so I dashed up to Norton Junction to see that it was Keith and Andy on their Steam Tunnel Tug “Hasty”. As it is such a lovely quiet boat I could hold a conversation with them quite easily from the towpath

 IMG_3113       IMG_3110

Here they are in the top lock of the Buckby flight heading down to Stoke Bruerne. The last time I photographed them they were at Hawksbury Junction, a short distance away from their home mooring. Since then the fitting out of Hasty’s interior had been completed.

               IMG_3112        IMG_3114

The bacon was cooking very slowly in the frying pan on the top of the boiler as they descended the lock with another boat.

   IMG_3118     IMG_3117

Then they were away to do the other six locks en-route to the IWA Canalway Cavalcade, Little Venice, Paddington in London May 4-6 .

No comments: